Error when upgrading from SMF 1.1.7 to SMF 2.0 RC4 on localhost

Started by jezinho, December 19, 2010, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezinho

Hi,
I currently have a SMF 1.1.7 running online, plus the same forum mirrored on my home PC using xampp. When doing major changes (e.g. upgrades) I usually do them on my home PC first, to see if it works and to fit the layout/theme if needed. I never had problems doing it that way so far for SMF 1.0.x and SMF 1.1.x upgrades.

I planed to have a look at SMF 2.0 now over the christmas / new year days, and eventually completely switch my online forum to it. To have a first look I tried to run an upgrade on my home PC (localhost).

In the first step it said all files are in place, so I entered my admin name and passwort and started the upgrade. Though, the upgrade stops at 14% / 0.4% while Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." with an unknown error (see attached screenshot). I waited for about 30 minutes, but nothing happens after the error message appears.

Do you have an idea what might be wrong here - might there be a problem upgrading from 1.1.7 (instead 1.1.12) ?
Or what else might be wrong?

cheers,
jezinho

jezinho

I now tried a suggestion found in another thread - just switching JavaScript off.

This way there is no error message - but the upgrade stops exactly at the same place (at least there's on further progress after waiting for 20 minutes).

NanoSector

Maybe first upgrading to 1.1.12 may help.

And this should be in install and upgrade help.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

jezinho

First sorry for posting this thread in the wrong section of the board! I just didn't see the "Install and Upgrade Help" section. Maybe one of the mods can move it to the right place.

I upgraded from 1.1.7 to 1.1.12 today, and there was no problem to go from that point to SMF2 RC4 now, so -> problem solved.
I had to switch off JavaScript however to do the upgrade.

Advertisement: