Deleting Child Boards Area on Board Index?

Started by C4G-TK, December 19, 2010, 08:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

I'm running RC4 with the Blue Steel Curve variation.

It is a forum that has a LOT of child boards.  It is a gaming forum which is primarily broken down into different genres that make up the main boards.  Then, each genre has child boards for pretty much every new game that gets released in order to keep topics in one spot.  I use ImagesOnBoard and created my images in order for people to quickly find their games since it uses a smaller version of the game box as the image.

My problem is this, I'm trying to get rid of the names/links on the board index in order for people to first click on the GENRE in order to be sent to the list of child boards instead of clicking on the names/links.  I evidently keep deleting too much or not enough as I get errors or the page doesn't load.

I've attached a picture of what I want removed from the BoardIndex.template which is the Child Boards area.  (Shown in RED)
     I've tried various deletions between lines 214 and 237, but obviously not the correct combo!

Also, attached the BoardIndex.template file if someone wants to take a look.

-img removed-

Kays

Hi, there's no need to delete stuff. ::)

Look for:

foreach ($category['boards'] as $board)
{

and after it add:

$board['children'] = array();

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

C4G-TK

Thanks Kays, I will try when I get home tonight

Worked lovely.  Thank you again, Kays.
Merry Christmas!

-img removed-

C4G-TK

OK, that worked for the 1st Level of Childboards, but what if the childboards have childboards?
1) How would I go about eliminating the next level, too?
2) Is this still in the BoardIndex.template?

(Attached a pic again of the area inside the next level that I'm talking about)

Plus, I'm trying to figure out how to make the Post/Topic counts on the BoardIndex reflect the entire totals of all three levels.  Main Board + Child Board Level 1 + Child Board Level 2

-img removed-

Kays

That should be in MessageIndex.template.php. Look for:

// Show the "Child Boards: ". (there's a link_children but we're going to bold the new ones...)

And add before that:

$board['children'] = array();

Plus, I'm trying to figure out how to make the Post/Topic counts on the BoardIndex reflect the entire totals of all three levels.  Main Board + Child Board Level 1 + Child Board Level 2

Only one level of child board is counted by default.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

C4G-TK

@Kays
I don't care if you are a female or a male.  I totally LOVE you!

-img removed-

C4G-TK

Wait!!!  DANGER DANGER!  LOL

Showing pic of what happened.

I have Images On Board, so I think it needs something else.

-img removed-

Kays

Hmm, does this mean you don't love me no more.. :P

Try moving that up to just under:

foreach ($context['boards'] as $board)
{

My Mods

C4G-TK

Of course I do.  I love everyone on my birthday.

XX fingers crossed XX  It worked!

Thank you for the great Birthday gift!  I still love you!

-img removed-

Kays

My Mods

Advertisement: