News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Visible But Restrictive Boards On 2.0RC4

Started by big red, December 20, 2010, 01:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big red

In the search function, i see there are a mod or two but don't appear to be updated.

I want to create a board that is visible on the board index to all including guests but access to this board forbidden to all except one special group.

Has anyone achieved this on RC4? And if so, could you kindly share how??

Please and Thank You!

big red

Well...... tried the "look but don't read" mod and was bombarded with errors a short time after install so that was the end of that  :o

I have achieved what i wanted but at a sacrifice  :P Created a new non-post group. Then, created a new category and board with everyone allowed to view. Inside this board, all childboards are only visible to the new non-post group. Not quite what i wanted but it will do.

Jue

This is a problem with me too. I have a "staff" board, but when a user searches for something it shows the staff board as a result - Obviously I don't want this as the staff board is for staff!

Spoogs

Quote from: big red on December 20, 2010, 10:07:21 AM
   Well...... tried the "look but don't read" mod and was bombarded with errors a short time after install so that was the end of that  :o

I have achieved what i wanted but at a sacrifice  :P Created a new non-post group. Then, created a new category and board with everyone allowed to view. Inside this board, all childboards are only visible to the new non-post group. Not quite what i wanted but it will do.
Try this one http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2309
Permissions for who can view the board and who can access the board.. when installed this mod affects EVERY board so you will have to add the appropriate permissions for all boards.

Quote from: Jue on December 20, 2010, 11:46:50 AM
This is a problem with me too. I have a "staff" board, but when a user searches for something it shows the staff board as a result - Obviously I don't want this as the staff board is for staff!
You can easily control this by modifying the board and removing access for all non-staff members.

Advertisement: