News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide stats?

Started by scotchmonster, December 20, 2010, 02:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotchmonster

Hi,
I have SMF 2.0 RC3 installed and I also have the Curve Mavi theme and also SimplePortal 2.3.2.
My problem is that I cant seem to stop the number of members, posts and topics being visible to guests and members.
I also want to remve the number of users online today and who they are but cant seem to find a way.
Any help is much appreciated, thankyou.   ???

IceXaos

Admin > Configuration > Current Theme

Don't tick the option "Show statistics on board index:".

scotchmonster

Thanks IceXaos, I tried that but unfortunatly it hasnt helped at all :(.
I was wondering if it's the combination of the portal so I tried turning it off on that too but it still didnt go away. So I'm wondering if it's in the theme?

IceXaos

Quote from: scotchmonster on December 20, 2010, 03:27:46 AM
Thanks IceXaos, I tried that but unfortunatly it hasnt helped at all :(.
I was wondering if it's the combination of the portal so I tried turning it off on that too but it still didnt go away. So I'm wondering if it's in the theme?

Can you attach BoardIndex.template.php

scotchmonster

Hi, sorry to ask you this but I dont know where it is. I have ftp aaccess but dont know where to look for boardindex.template.php I am a real newbie with this but very keen to learn!

Drunken Clam

Quote from: scotchmonster on December 20, 2010, 04:18:36 AM
Hi, sorry to ask you this but I dont know where it is. I have ftp aaccess but dont know where to look for boardindex.template.php I am a real newbie with this but very keen to learn!

yoursite/yourforumfolder/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

scotchmonster

IceXaos

scotchmonster

Hello IceXaos, I just uploaded the file and it worked awesome! Thankyou so much for your help :)  I'd been trying to get that to work for ages  :laugh:

I'd still like to not show who & how many users are online to guests. Is that possible to do?

Thankyou again I really appreciate your help.

Joker™

Try the attached file.

Edits I've made

Find:
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

Replace it with:
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings, $user_info;

Find: // "Users online" - in order of activity.

Add after:
if(!$user_info['is_guest'])
{

Find:
<br />[' . implode(']&nbsp;&nbsp;[', $context['membergroups']) . ']';
}

Add after:
}
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

scotchmonster

Thankyou Joker, it works perfectly :) I wish I could do that!

Thanks again.

Joker™

Marking topic solved then ;). Feel to post here for any other query regarding these issues.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: