Prevent users from modifying Personal Text

Started by Cokemonkey11, December 20, 2010, 04:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cokemonkey11

Hello there, on my forum I'd like only administrators to be able to assign users a "personal text".

Is there a way for me to disable them from doing that without affecting anything else?

Thanks much!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Without checking, I think not - if I remember correctly you can limit custom titles to be admin assigned only, but personal text is available for everyone.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Cokemonkey11

Then is there a way to completely disable personal text?

Thank you for the quick response.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You could probably make a small edit manually though, to allow the personal text input for admin only.
Make the box appear only to admins that is - then your users wouldn't (easily) be able to define the text themselves....
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Cokemonkey11

Okay thank you, I'll just deal with it as I'd rather not do a manual edit. Topic Solved.

Advertisement: