News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

changing board icons

Started by SISPro, December 21, 2010, 08:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISPro

I would like to change my board icons like the board index ones to where i like and was wondering how i would go about doing this. i have some custom ones and not sure what i have to do to go about doing it cause i want them to show if there is new post just like it would do with the ones that the theme came with.

Bigguy

I have already posted in my support thread answering some of your questions. You are now double posting for support. I have told you that the code you look for is in both versions of SMF. If you wanted more help all you have to do is answer my questions.

SISPro

hum i don't remember posting this before i even did a search before i asked this ? if i did post it i can't find it anywhere and for that i am sorry

also i just went to my profile and looked at my stats and i only have 5 pages of posting and went though and nothing about this topic that i just posted about.

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

SISPro

no ok i think you all are missing what i am saying sorry for not making this a little clearer.
I don't want to use that kind of mod on this site that i am doing but just change the icons so they are not the default ones

you change one and they all work the same as if they came with the theme i hope i am putting this right.

Paul_Pauline

All you need to do is replace the default image files with your own, giving them the same name as the originals had, after renaming or deleting the original ones.

They will be in your themes images directory.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Bigguy

Look for on.png off.png and on2.png and change those files. They will be in the images folder of the theme you are using.

SISPro

Advertisement: