News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Second Board Index

Started by big red, December 21, 2010, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big red

Confusing i know  :)

This is what i'm looking for:

Right now, i have a board that everyone sees and inside, a childboard that only one group can see and access. What i'm looking to achieve is when a member of this group enters this childboard, it is like a completely different board index with different categories and boards than the 1st board index. I plan on having a different theme and SP blocks as well. So almost like 2 forums in one but all under the protection of the original forum with the same member info, etc.

Thanks

big red

Maybe this will give a better idea what i want  ;)

When a member of the 1 special group that only has access enters the childboard:

#1: there is a different theme that only shows in this board (smf can give me this already)

#2: different blocks that only show in this board (SP already gives me this)

#3: different categories that only show in this board (???)

Kindred

no can do....   Categories are at the forum level, not at the board level.

The only option you have, if you insist on doing that would be to set up a second FORUM and use the a redirect link as the childboard
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

big red

Yes, that became painfully obvious after awhile trying to accomplish it. Anyways, i've got it now close to what i want and can live with it  ;) (the look of 1 category with several boards instead of several categories with a board or 2 under each one)

Thanks for responding and Happy Holidays!

Advertisement: