Restoring Select Posts From a Backup

Started by xxkylexx, December 21, 2010, 04:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxkylexx

Hi all,
I had a moderator on my forum have his account hacked today and the user deleted a bunch of important posts/topics from my news board section. Luckily, I have backups from last week that have most of all the data in it, however, I do not want to restore this entire backup since I will loose a few days worth of posts in other sections.

My question in, which tables do I need to be concerned with getting the data to restore from? I was planning on just querying the DB and getting all the topics/posts from that particular board ID and restoring that only, but I want to make sure I don't leave out any important tables and end up screwing up SMFs relationships in some way.

Any other cautions?

Thanks.

tesser

phpmyadmin then smf_boards

enter that table and you will see all doards on your forum  then select the  board  you want and back it up  ;D

i take it you know how to place the new board back into your database ?

xxkylexx

i dont need to restore the board, i need to restore the topics and posts within the said board.

tesser

the above post will do that  go to the said board from your older back up  export just the board and replace it on your currant database and bingo

your news board is back with all posts  and your forum posts are untouched.

Deaks

xxkylexx, did you get this sorted?  I have marked this as solved until you get back to us
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: