News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

HELP!

Started by varevibegirl, December 21, 2010, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varevibegirl

I have been searching the board for quite some time and I have found no solution so maybe you can help me?

I have a board installed But recently when you go to the address the link does not work, it redirects to the main site. Any ideas on why this is happening? I contacted my host first and they say its the Forum not their hosting.

sawz

knowing the link and seeing the problem would help quite a bit.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

varevibegirl

well when you create a post it tells you not to put an external link...
but the link to my board is hxxp:revibethemovement.com/Forum [nonactive]

mirahalo

you need to use f instead of F:

http://revibethemovement.com/forum/

forum  and Forum are two different folders

varevibegirl

No the capital F is where i installed it, it was just working up until a few days ago. :/

varevibegirl

Or are you saying it HAS to be lowercase no capital letters?

mirahalo

well, with "f"   it shows your forum, its in Maintenance Mode,  with "F"  it gets redirected to your main site, probably a .htaccess or php redirection.  are you sure you installed it on the Forum folder?

Quote from: varevibegirl on December 21, 2010, 06:25:24 PM
Or are you saying it HAS to be lowercase no capital letters?

it can be anything you want, as long as you respect that, if you installed the forum on Forum then your url will be Forum, if you instaled on forum, your url will be forum.

you can use .htaccess to redirect from Forum to forum

varevibegirl

okay, its installed on Forum, how do I edit the .htacess to make it stop redirecting to the main site?

mirahalo

thing is, I don't really know if its htaccess or not,  I still believe you have your forum on "forum"  lowercase.    try this link:  http://revibethemovement.com/forum/

Advertisement: