News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mambo SMF Bridge 1.1.1

Started by alphagator, December 21, 2010, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphagator

Hi Kindred,

I finnaly got the brideg working smootly and the way I want. Thanks for all your assistance.

I just have one more small detail I need advise with.

Whhne the forum is bridged and wrapped it does not sit inside the boarders of the webpage and it shifts to the bottom of the page.

Is there a way I can adjust the width and hight of the forum when its wrapped so it will sit nice and look like a natural part of my webpage?

Kindred

this would be due to a combination of your smf template (i.e. a minimum or fixed width) and the width of your mambo main section.   You'll have to adjust one or both to sit correctly (I recommend a variable width smf template and a wide main section)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alphagator

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2011, 11:24:46 AM
this would be due to a combination of your smf template (i.e. a minimum or fixed width) and the width of your mambo main section.   You'll have to adjust one or both to sit correctly (I recommend a variable width smf template and a wide main section)

how would I adjust the width with a variable width template? where do I find one?

Kindred

it depends on the theme you have chosen
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alphagator

can you send me a link where I can find templates to choose from?

Does the default template/Theme allow me to adjust the size?

Kindred

The default SMF theme is actually variable width (to a limit on the amount it can shrink) however it sounds like your mambo template is very narrow
Слaва
Украинi

alphagator

Quote from: Kindred on February 02, 2011, 02:06:54 PM
The default SMF theme is actually variable width (to a limit on the amount it can shrink) however it sounds like your mambo template is very narrow

I actually used the default Mambo template but I adjusted the background color to suit my websites motif.

where in SMF can I find the adjustment settings for the default theme? I would like to try to adjust that before looking for a new theme.

I did upload a few themes and it caused me more trouble than it was worth.

Kindred

The stuff is all CSS...  I suggest playing around with firebug... Alter the width setting of the main section, etc and see what works before messing with actual files.  If I recall, the default mambo theme is actually very narrow
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: