News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Adding Data To Already Existant Forum

Started by Chrisburgin2, December 23, 2010, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisburgin2

Hi i transfered My Forum From mybb to smf about 4 weeks ago unaware of the converter. Is it possible to add content or at least forum post to the new forum.

I had some great content on my old site and want to know if it was already posible to transfer selected data and add it on to existant data.

I understand sql programming and some php so dont make your answers for 4 year olds.

Night09

based on your post you only really need the posts from the mybb forum on smf.You could try convert to a test forum then merge the messages tables for the posts then the posing member IDs and stuff should be right if its the same memberbase you had.If the IDs are different then it may be some effort to convert them all so they are associated with the correct posters if that is also needed.

Deaks

Chrisburgin2 did you manage to get this? as you have not replied for a while I will persume you have and I have marked it as such :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: