News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Foreign Languages

Started by IceXaos, December 24, 2010, 06:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

I have installed and switched all users to English UTF-8, though I'm still unable to post in other languages.  An example would be attempting to post Русский and getting ??????? once posted, but it does show correctly in a preview.

Illori

do you have your database utf-8?

IceXaos

Changed database collation to uft8_general_ci and the problem persists.

To be exact:
ALTER DATABASE `MYDATABASE` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

IceXaos

Before I select the language, it says the character set for it is UTF-8, but once I select it, it changes to ISO-8859-1.

IceXaos

Okay, it's the database somehow because I attempted converting to UTF-8 from HTML entities and it changed them to ?'s.  I also tried to use an UPDATE query setting the body to use Cyrillic characters, and it gave an error:
0 row(s) affected.
Warning: #1366 Incorrect string value: '\xD0\xA0\xD1\x83\xD1\x81...' for column 'body' at row 1

I'm not sure what to do.  The overall database is set to utf8 general ci as well as the messages table.

IceXaos

Figured out the column was still latin.  I just gotta figure out how to change all tables/columns to utf8 general and I'm good to go.  Any ideas on how to do this?

IceXaos

IceXaos

Sorry for all the spam, but posting as I do things helps me think of solutions.

NanoSector

Quote from: IceXaos on December 24, 2010, 09:31:24 AM
Sorry for all the spam, but posting as I do things helps me think of solutions.
Haha lol I can see

Good you got it solved though.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: