split smf

Started by tesser, December 24, 2010, 07:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesser

I host my own site from home  i have unlimited  uploads attachments size  and i was wondering how hard it would be to split smf like this.

i buy a domain name  and a small web hosting package  and install smf and import my database.

but

as web hosting don't give you much storage space

i host my own storage  space so when a member uploads via attachments it opens my file service to upload too (i have the software  to host files) and gives them a link to  place on the site.

So in other words is there any way i can redirect the attachment tab  or add my own upload button that will show on every post that's being generated

Kindred

it is, of course, possible...   *IF* you know how to code....   it is not possible with a standard installation and you would have to custom code it.   It would be difficult though...   lots of potential cross domain issues.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: