News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

upgrade.php??

Started by sattninja, December 25, 2010, 04:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

webinstall is not working my site is screwed up does anyone know where to get the upgrade.php file ?

I installed thankomatic and it screwed my site i want to go back to before i installed it and i have tried loading my backup nothing will work

i get this

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_thank_you_post() (previously declared in /home/lostzer1/public_html/appfuzion.com/Sources/Load.php(2140) : eval()'d code:478) in /home/lostzer1/public_html/appfuzion.com/Sources/Load.php(2140) : eval()'d code on line 566
Running Rc4

sattninja

ok i got it the upgrade ran it same thing man this is BS I cannot beleive that mod took my site down and i cannot get it back i cannot get rid of that error

merry xmas to me
Running Rc4

cicka

Inside the backup folder in the Packages fodler will be a package called before thank you mod or something like that. Upload it to your computer, unzip it and upload its contents to your forum folder. Or overwrite your forum files with the fies from the large upgrade apckage of your version. But do not upload the upgrade.php and the other upgrade sql files. This will uninstall all your mods but will fix the error.

sattninja

I do not have anything like that in my packages folder

I am screwed
Running Rc4

cicka

Quote from: sattninja on December 25, 2010, 05:04:55 PM
I do not have anything like that in my packages folder

I am screwed

No, you are not. Please do not panic. Do the other method I mentioned and you will have your forum back.

sattninja

i have uploaded all this already nothing will work

i have uploaded all the files from a backup the upgrades everything

nothing will work
Running Rc4

cicka

Quote from: sattninja on December 25, 2010, 05:07:46 PM
i have uploaded all this already nothing will work

i have uploaded all the files from a backup the upgrades everything

nothing will work

What files have you precisely uploaded? Because from your posts I get the impression that you have tried to restore a database backup. Was that what you did?

sattninja

no i uploaded the files in the public_html from a backup over writing everything and the damn error will not go away
Running Rc4

cicka

Quote from: sattninja on December 25, 2010, 05:12:50 PM
no i uploaded the files in the public_html from a backup over writing everything and the damn error will not go away

That is strange. Overwritting your forum files with files from the large upgrade would have cleaned up your forum and make the error go away. Can you please upload here the Load.php file by the way?

kat

If you attach Load.php, to your next post, we can take a look at it.

It might not be with that file, though, because that "eval" bollox could be masking it.

Can you get into Admin, to disable eval?

sattninja

i am getting there i got rid of the error with a re upload of a backup but still having problem i will update you after upload finishes

thanks for the help
Running Rc4

kat

No sweat!

I'm off to bed, soon. (It's 23:00, here in England. I think it's about that where Cicka lives, too).

But, we'll check back first thing in the morning, if you're still getting hassles. :)

cicka

I will have to log off too. But I will also check this thread tomorrow again. Let us know if you would still need help. Good luck.

And good night to K@.

sattninja

well now i got this

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Running Rc4

cicka

Quote from: sattninja on December 25, 2010, 05:56:50 PM
well now i got this

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Did you edit the Settings.php file? Please check that file and make sure that the database information is not edited. If it has been edited, enter them back and reupload it. You can also do that with the repair_settings.php file.

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=repair_settings.php

sattninja

i ran the repair settings and it didn't work
Running Rc4

kat

If you restored that file from a backup and that backup was when your forum had a different set of settings, that may have trashed it.

If you happen to have a file named Settings_bak.php, you could try using that.

G'Night!

sattninja

got it man

yey!!!

now to start fixxing ******
Running Rc4

sattninja

thanks for the help guys

like i said everything is going good just having some issues with mods but that is no big deal

thanks again
Running Rc4

Advertisement: