"Use quick reply on topic display" default option not sticking for new members

Started by dvd-man, December 28, 2010, 05:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvd-man

I'm using a custom theme (Design Blue), it doesn't have a separate section for it under "Config/Themes & Layout/Member Options" so I use the settings for the default core theme & click on "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" to setup the options for each new member.

Now..... I set up everything in there & registered a new user...... all the settings I set seemed to be set correctly for the new user I registered except for one setting..... that being "Use quick reply on topic display"...... I set it to "show, on by default", however the new user had it set to "show, off by default"; I checked the admin setting to see if that stuck & it was... it was correctly still set to "show, on by default".

Cheers!

Illori

the setting has to be set for each theme, if your theme does not have the option contact the author for further support.

dvd-man

I thought if the theme didn't have it's own options it took the options of the default core smf theme?

Illori

not as far as i know, as those settings are stored in the database per theme.

dvd-man

Well this is what it says under "Config/Themes & Layouts/Member Options"

Please note that some themes may use the default options, in which case they will not have their own options.

So I assumed since this theme doesn't have it's own it used the default ones from the core settings.

Illori

i have not yet run into a theme, and i have not used a lot, that does not have the same list of features to enable/disable as the default theme, some even have more options.

Advertisement: