News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

YaBB 2.5AE to smf1.1.2 modified question

Started by deborahalves, December 28, 2010, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deborahalves

Hello all. I am brand new here and looking forward to using php for our new boards. Our current boards are running YaBB 2.5AE at hxxp:imhooked.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl [nonactive]. The problem i am foreseeing is the conversion of all of the data (members/boards/threads). I have searched these boards for any info on YaBB 2.5AE conversions, but do not fine anything specific.

I also have been advised that the conversion tool from YaBB2.5 to SMF does not work very well.....

Has anyone any experience in this conversion specific to YaBB 2.5 recently and if so, any pointers... OR is there anyone out there up to the task as a paid developer?

Thank you in advance
Deborah

HighAce

I and i believe others have already offered money to get a working YaBB 2.4 to SMF converter done but unfortunately to no avail, the current 2.2 converter does sort of work with YaBB 2.4 but the Dev who was working on it had other priorities and it was left in limbo with still quite a few errors remaining.

I guess on the brighter side though, YaBB has a new version in the works, YaBB 3, which will have full MySQL support which should not only be a huge step forward for YaBB itself but will also make converting to other software much easier, rumours have it that YaBB 3 will be released early in 2011.

HighAce

Yeah it was suppose to be released early last year but the code was based on previous versions and they decided to scrub that and code it from scratch, I really do hope it is released soon as I know a lot of people in similar situations that want, or need, to get away from YaBB ASAP, I look after 3 YaBB forums and their owners are on at me all the time about needing to convert away because of issues with the Flat File System YaBB uses.

Actually I'm still rather shocked that no one has got a working converter done yet for YaBB, from all the interest shown on other software forums, not to mention the regular emails I get asking about it, I would have thought one would have been available by now by other forum Dev's, then again if offers of money to get one completed has no affect I don't see what will!

But here's hoping someone out there is listening to our cries for help! ;)

hkirsman

I converted 2.5 AE to SMF 2.0 with the available converters here (with minor problems).

All users, posts, categories are ok. Boards didn't end up in the right categories so I did this manually.

I guess the data files are very similar to to the older YABB.

IamTheBoy

Hmmm, I seem to have no joy converting from YaBB2.5AE to SMF2

I'll try to get some time to run the conversion again, and post the error.

Advertisement: