News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Resolution issue

Started by KT, December 29, 2010, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KT

Hi

Website concerned http://ringsidepoker.com
SMF 2.0 RC4

my pc set at 1280 x 1024
my sons PC is different resolution

when i go to ringsidepoker.net on his pc it the website is all out of sinc
my mate says his is all out of sinc too

if they change resolution to 1280 x 1024 it fixes issue

what do i need to make the website veiw properly on any1s pc

tesser

Looks ok on my 15.6 wide screen laptop  only thing thats looks out of place for me is your copyright.

kat

Are you using a crap browser Internet Explorer?

I just viewed your site, using Opera, with six different resolutions and it looked perfect.

If you ARE using IE, try using Compatibilty mode.

KT

well im not sure

My son and I both use Firefox

but if the header banners logos arnt all over lapping thats great

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That is caused by the way SMF is by default using a % -width. To fix that completely, you would either have to use a % -width for the images as well, or set the forum to use a fixed width, which wouldn't be too nice either for users with different resolutions than yourself.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

KT

hey kewl

I not quite understand
but i think that i used % in the header for logos and banners
do all smf forums have this issue or is it something i have added in smf website

Cheers
'KT

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is more or less a universal problem for any website. You have a page that is (of course) 100% wide when loaded, for example let's say 1280px. The real content in it is 95% wide, 1216px. In this space, you have 3 images side by side, that add up to that 1216px - but when you resize the window and SMF scales to this, the images stay as they were - as they do not scale on the fly - and this causes them to either move around so they fit in the window, or cross the limits of the window.

Am I making any sense? :P
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

KT

KT

Quote from: tesser on December 29, 2010, 04:45:57 PM
Looks ok on my 15.6 wide screen laptop  only thing thats looks out of place for me is your copyright.

How would I go about fixing that?

KT

Advertisement: