News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

uh... boards are out of order?

Started by kimskey, December 30, 2010, 01:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimskey

This is trippy.  in the admin control, the order shows correctly.  I made it so it'd be alphabetical order (manually of course).  But when people see it (including me), it's is out of order.  the order is totally off.
When i go to admin again to fix it, it shows correctly in Admin.

How on earth do i fix this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What DB engine are you using?

Did this happen out of the blue, or did you do something (upgrade etc.) just before this happened?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

kimskey

i have JUST upgraded from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC4.
you have got be a pro at this to be able to figure that out juss by that detail.

well i'm new to smf.  m i supposed to do something to repair this?

Illori

if you move one board up/down does it change the order on the main board listing?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If upgrade did it, yes - usually simply moving one board, saving and then returning the original order and saving again should fix it for you :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

kimskey

AWESOME!  i can't thank u enough!  that did the trick :D!  thank u again!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Great! :)
I can tell you I learned that one through experience myself - happened to me too ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: