News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[PAID] Hold post until a certain date

Started by Ramón Cutanda, December 31, 2010, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramón Cutanda

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say that I don't exactly NEED this mod, but I would find it somehow useful. That's why I'm not willing to pay a big ammount, but if someone has some free time I cound grant this job with 20-30$, depending on the  time needed for such a mod.

Version
At least in my case, I would need it for SMF 2 RC4

Description

The idea is to hold a post until a certain date and, at that time, the post would automatically be made public. That could be very useful for publishing news or contests. In my case it would be better if that tool would only be available to moderators and admins, but I wouldn't care to have the mod available to everyone if that makes the mod easier to write.

One little detail is important though. The post must have the date of the "official" publishing time and not the time when post was written. It's specially important that the post appears in chronological order with respect other posts sent at that time. Perhaps a way to achieve it could be to store those posts in a temporary and hidden board and, when the set date comes, to copy it automatically to the specified board so the "final" post would be "brand new" even though it had been previously created. Then, the temporal post could be deleted.

I've been searching both the mod sections and this board, but I haven't been able to find anything like this (perhaps drafts are the closests) so that's why I'm making the suggestion here.

As I said, this mod would not save my life, but could make it a litter easier. Anyone interested can PM me.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

live627

Quoteperhaps drafts are the closest
Perhaps, but that mod does not do automatic posting.

Ramón Cutanda

Quote from: live627 on December 31, 2010, 02:22:38 PM
Perhaps, but that mod does not do automatic posting.

That's why I've written this post  ;)

Yağız...

I thing I've already done this mod for one of my customer, but it needs to be translated into English :)

Ramón Cutanda

@Yağız, so... do you think you could post it? I could even try to translate it to English an Spanish (my mother tongue) Unfortunately I can't speak Turkish, but I could use Google translator or similars to get an idea :-)

Thanks for your interest.

Matthew K.

I could write this, and if I had more time on my hands, I would love to. It sounds like a great idea.

Hope someone can write it for you...

Yağız...

Oh it's already translated :D You're lucky :P But I need to do some tests for SMF 2.0 RC4.

Edit:
Sent.

Ramón Cutanda

Thanks so much for sending the mod. I've been able to install it and add some testing messages, but unfortunately, none of them seems to be published on the date set.

Is there any sort of cron or something that should be activated? Have I missed something?

Thanks again for your support.

Yağız...

Oh sorry forgot to say :/ You should go into Admin > Scheduled Tasks and choose "Run Now" column in front of "Posts to Future" task, then click on the "Save" button.

Ramón Cutanda

Great! Now it works like a charm. Thanks so much. As promised, I've sent you a PM with the Spanish language strings. I really think you should share this mod with other users :-)

Thanks again.

Raffoz

Yagiz!

Please can i h ave it too?:)

i was searching for it sine months...
i could traslate it into italian :)
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Yağız...

Quote from: Raffaele1977 on March 03, 2011, 05:23:24 PM
Yagiz!

Please can i h ave it too?:)

i was searching for it sine months...
i could traslate it into italian :)
You can get it for 20$ by sending a PM to me :)

Advertisement: