News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search Box help

Started by hetrp, January 02, 2011, 12:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hetrp

Hello,

I have two problems with my search box...

I was trying to the search box like I wanted and I made mess ! So please help me if you can :)

1st I wanted to add some google adsense search box to all my theme but it did not work out for all it only added in one theme which is core and now that I cant get it to work in all theme I would like to remove it but I can not...

2nd I wanted to add search box with drop down menu like we have here on website which lets user pick where they would like to search for example...community, download ect

So I thought I would get that done by some MOD and installed custom search mod but still no that only worked in one theme and now I cant not remove it...

I have attached two image below to make it more to help me...

I'm using 2.0 RC3

the mod I used to make this mess is
Google Search Box With Results 1.2
CustomSearch 0.2

Thanks in advance!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TheListener

The mods do work on other themes.

However to get the mod to work on others then manual edits will be required.

hetrp

Thanks...But now how should I remove it ?

nvm I did manage to remove them by editing files manually...now the question is how do I add search like we have here on smf with drop down menu to select location of search ?

Kays

now the question is how do I add search like we have here on smf with drop down menu to select location of search ?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=205299.0

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

hetrp

Advertisement: