News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

move words to right place

Started by alsaka, January 02, 2011, 03:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsaka

this pic can Description of what I want

alsaka

MrPhil

Quote from: alsaka on January 02, 2011, 11:16:53 AM
any help Please
Everyone here is a volunteer and donates their time to help others. Please don't be so impatient. Everyone is asked to wait 24 hours without a reply before "bumping" a topic.

From the image, it looks like you're trying to move some column headings over to the right edge, as you're using a bidirectional script (Urdu?). Presumably the text itself is being rendering properly (RTL), and it's just the positioning that's the problem. I'm not familiar enough with bidi alphabet support to be able to tell you what to do, but it may involve some CSS changes to reposition pictures and text. That could get complicated if you also want to use non-bidi languages (English, etc.), as they too would be on the right. Maybe someone else has addressed this issue in a theme and can give you a list of things to change. If you're using a non-default theme, be sure to let us know what it is.

Mari-chi

@Alaska: If you give a link to your forum where you took that screenshot, I might be able to help you. :3

alsaka

ok thx MrPhil  sorry for replay

Quote from: marijang on January 02, 2011, 11:41:15 AM
@Alaska: If you give a link to your forum where you took that screenshot, I might be able to help you. :3

my lang is arabic you can see my forum i hop to understand lang

http://www.proegy.com/smf/index.php

Mari-chi

Try adding this code to your CSS:

div.title_barIC h4.titlebg span {
text-align: left;
}

alsaka

where in css

in your code >( text-align: left; )  ! i need word in right ?

Mari-chi

Whoops! Sorry! My bad.

Change that to:

div.title_barIC h4.titlebg span {
text-align: right;
}

Edit:

Sorry, I saw the CSS wrong. :/

div.title_barIC h4.titlebg span.ie6_header.floatleft {
float: right;
}

^ That should work. :D

alsaka

OOOOH thx its work now

plz help me with other error sam this

with start new post same error

see frist page up  same error and Subdivisions forums all start in left 

and admin Control and profile

Mari-chi

Do you think you can get screenshots of the things you'd like moved? lol Since I can't read Arabic, I'm a little bit lost on the page. :3

alsaka

thx for help marijang

see this pic

Mari-chi

Try this, alaska:

div.categoryframe.tborder td.windowbg2 {
text-align: right;
float: right;
}

And no problem. :) I'm always asking questions at this forum; I was never really able to answer anyone else's because I'm still very new to SMF, PHP, and all that snazzy junk... But I've loads of experience with HTML and CSS, so I'm only happy to help! :D

alsaka

thx Mari-chi

all is ok now but have one error also

last error  :laugh:

i need this start from right

Mari-chi

? I don't get it; do you mean you want that moved to the right-hand side of the forum? Or do you mean that you want the 'Home' button starting from the right?

If you want the menu items to 'start' from the right-hand side, then go to wherever you input the dock code, and re-order the list items. I'm not sure where you change it because I'm not familiar with SMF yet, but maybe someone else will have an idea where the file is. :)

alsaka

yes 'Home' button starting from the right

Deaks

Alsaka if you still need help with this please attach your index.template.php
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

alsaka

Joker™

As far as i can see the theme you are using is not having rtl.css, due to which you are facing these sort of issues.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

alsaka

Quote from: Joker™ on January 15, 2011, 05:29:26 AM
As far as i can see the theme you are using is not having rtl.css, due to which you are facing these sort of issues.

thx joker to replay
Do you have any idea how i  fix this menu

Joker™

Quote from: alsaka on January 16, 2011, 03:56:29 AM
Quote from: Joker™ on January 15, 2011, 05:29:26 AM

thx joker to replay
Do you have any idea how i  fix this menu
We can link rtl.css in your theme, but that rtl.css will be requiring a lot of modification as per your theme layout. (My suggestion will be to seek a new theme compatible with right to left text languages.)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: