News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error

Started by Highfighter, July 09, 2005, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highfighter

Everytime I try to upload a package to my test forums(I use before I actually move over to my actual forums) I keep getting this error, I am using 1.0.5 and want to upgrade to the 1.1 beta I get this
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

xenovanis

Are you trying to upgrade to 1.1 Beta 3 Public using the packagemanager? That won't work:

unpack the package to your harddisk
upload all files using ftp to your server
run upgrade.php
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

vizcares

Hi everybody

I have just migrated to SMF from phpBB, and this is kind of new for me.

I would like to install OnLineUserToday13, but when I try to upload it with Package Manager I have the error:  The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

But if I download it from  http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/33/OnLineUserToday13.zip

and I open it, I can see that it should work for SMF 1.0.5

Is there some way to upload it manually?

With phpBB in the MOD's there were always a txt-file with the explanation about what to do, but I can't find anything like this here :'(

I hope some of you guys can help getting started with SMF

[Unknown]

Sorry for the late response.  There was a problem on the mod site which was affecting some people.

Please try it again.

-[Unknown]

vizcares

Advertisement: