News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is it possible to use another WYSIWYG editor with SMF 2.0 RC4?

Started by Mari-chi, January 03, 2011, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mari-chi

Hi,

I was wondering whether it was possible to install a different WYSIWYG editor for RC4. I've seen a WYSIWYG for Quick Reply, but no mods about installing a completely different software. (I'm thinking TinyMCE or even FreeTextBox.)

I've seen a thread in 1.x support, but that's about it. I wasn't sure whether a feature had been released since then or not. I remember the thread talked about some sort of security risk that came with installing a different WYSIWYG editor than the default SMF editor.

Could someone tell me more information about this?

Much thanks!

Illori

you would have to install it yourself, or ask in the coding forum for help, smf does not support any other WYSIWYG editor

Mari-chi

Oh okay, sorry about that, I didn't know it didn't belong on this board. Thank-you for the head's up, I've reposted it in the coding board. :)

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mari-chi

Oh yeah. Sorry! Forgot to mark this topic as solved. :3

Unfortunately installing another WYSIWYG editor will be complicated. *dies*

Advertisement: