GET to /index.php not supported.

Started by Elora, January 03, 2011, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elora

Hello. I have read the other topics associated with this problem but none of them help me.

My forum (after updating from SMF 2.0 RC3 to SMF 2.0 RC4, started showing me this error whenever anyone tries to modify a post. The post screen comes up but when you hit save, the following error message is displayed::

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I do not have any special mods installed on our board. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

ascaland

vbgamer45

Generally that is an issue with mod_security try to contact your host to disable it or
check out http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Elora

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 03, 2011, 04:32:22 PM
Generally that is an issue with mod_security try to contact your host to disable it or
check out http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270

Thanks for the link!
I am a little at a loss for why it would happen after an update though and only on modify when there are no special modification. I did read through that topic but I am not sure that is problem. I don't remember seeing it as an issue before.

Elora

Okay I am not sure why this happened, but in case it happens to other people too:

It seems to have been a problem with the template and caching.  When I reset the entire forum to a new template, it fixed the problem. I have since reset it back to the old template, and again, it looks fine...no errors.

The people who had trouble, once they cleared the cookie cache, stopped having the problem too. Why that specific error came up as a result of the upgrade and change in template is a mystery, but I am glad it was such an easy fix!

Thanks to everyone for their prompt responses. This is a great community!

Advertisement: