News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Database Back Up

Started by Bobn, January 05, 2011, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobn

Hi,

Im trying to upgrade from RC2 to RC4 and I cant seem to get a good DB back up. When I select DB backup in the admin panel it sends me here but the file is not found:

Firefox can't find the file at http://mywebsite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=database;activity=backup.

Matthew K.

Matthew K.

If you can get in to phpMyAdmin, you can back up your database that way. I have only used Plesk a handful of times, so I'm not positive where you'd go.

Bobn

Hi,

Still messing about with this. I have an existing RC2 board and have created another new RC4 board and am trying to import the rc2 DB to the rc 4 . I export the RC2 (gzipped) and then try to import it in the RC4 DB using phpmyadmin but It wont go. 

Road Rash Jr.

When you use the large upgrade file it will modify the RC2 DB to RC4 stecks, you cannot import an older RC DB into a newer one as you've discovered  ;) .
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

MrPhil

Also, some servers are configured so that certain operations such as "create database" cannot be done from a program or even from phpMyAdmin -- you have to do it from the control panel (cPanel or Plesk). You might be running into that. It's also possible that the database layout has changed a bit between RC2 and RC4 -- if so, and there's no upgrade utility (Road Rash said there is), you'll have to modify the .sql file in a text editor to change the structure and data INSERTs.

Advertisement: