News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

No admin rights?

Started by Omebolle, January 07, 2011, 07:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omebolle

Just installed 2-0-rc4, I can't find my Admin section? What am I doing wrong?
One more question, can I use the "old" database from the previous 2-0-rc2.1 version to get all members, posts and boards in the forum. Is there a guide how to do that? Can't find it on the site  :-\

Illori

to update your old forum, just upload all the files in the large upgrade package then run upgrade.php and the database will then be updated to the latest version. what do you mean you cant find the admin section? the default first user is always admin and should have access to the admin panel.

Omebolle

Quote from: Illori on January 07, 2011, 07:29:02 AM
to update your old forum, just upload all the files in the large upgrade package then run upgrade.php and the database will then be updated to the latest version.

Had a hard time getting the upgrade to work, so I tried  installing the latest version in a new folder and then get my database uploaded... Will try this suggestion of yours now, it's different from what I've seen before

Quote from: Illori on January 07, 2011, 07:29:02 AM
what do you mean you cant find the admin section? the default first user is always admin and should have access to the admin panel.
After installing the 2-0-rc4 forum in a different folder, i could open the forum, I had to register, but can't find the admin section in there...

Omebolle

Sorry, I'm a rookie, but from where do i run upgrade.php? tried it from my browser like install.php but it didn't run

Road Rash Jr.

Have you read through the upgrade docs? http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=3.0;sort=subject

Trying to upload an older version database to the new forum will not work as there are changes made to the database when upgrading. So nothing will match up.

Upgrading is fairly painless if steps are followed.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Omebolle

Well at least the forum is still there and upgraded... Thanks for the assistance friends  ;D

Joker™

Marking topic solved, feel free to reopen it and post again if you face problem regarding the above mentioned issue again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: