News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

deleted file how do i retreive TY Kays and Bigguy

Started by KT, January 07, 2011, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KT

I deleted  public_html/Sources file I was trying to delete portamx the file was in sources so i thought i delete sources file to remove  i get this msg :

Warning: require_once(/home/ringsid7/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ringsid7/public_html/index.php on line 61

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ringsid7/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/ringsid7/public_html/index.php on line 61

what do i need to restore forum

KT

Lou

Kays

It looks like QueryString.php is missing. Download the large upgrade package from here. Extract that file and re-upload it.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

KT

that didnt work so i extracted whole sources file

that did work either asked for
Warning: require_once(/home/ringsid7/public_html/Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ringsid7/public_html/index.php on line 68

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ringsid7/public_html/Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/ringsid7/public_html/index.php on line 68

Is there no where i can retrive my original deleted sources file

kt

Bigguy

Your deleted file is gone. It looks like the problem is that SMF cannot find the PortaMx.php file that is supposed to be in the PortaMx folder. If that file is there then there is code that needs to be added to a file inside the Sources directory.

KT

I deleted the portamx file it was in the sources folder

how do i go about getting website back up

what exactly have i lost , what type of things were kept in my sources file

cheers

Kt

where does it go when its deleted

thought stuff were kept on pc

Bigguy

If you delete a file from your server using ftp it is gone. If you delete it using the file manager in Cpanel then it should be in the trash. If you can't retireve that file then you will have to get it from the portamx zip file that you had to have had to install it.

KT

where do i find the trash folder

KT

Bigguy

The trash in the Legacy file manager in cpanel should be in the bottom left corner of the LEGACY file manger.

KT

I have looked cant find it

what do i do from here

KT

Bigguy

Quote from: Bigguy on January 08, 2011, 12:58:17 AM
If you delete a file from your server using ftp it is gone. If you delete it using the file manager in Cpanel then it should be in the trash. If you can't retrieve that file then you will have to get it from the portamx zip file that you had to have had to install it.

KT

just so we are on the same page

I deleted the sources file in the sources file was the portamx file

so I what i have to do is extract sources file from large upgrade 2.0RC4 zip folder

then go to portamx and download there files

KT

Bigguy

You deleted the Sources folder, as in the whole folder or just the Portamx.php file from the Sources folder. ???

KT

yeah the whole folder

i looked in the folder and all i saw was a portamx folder and portamx driving me crazy so i deleted sources file

there are lots of files in files legacy but i not know what they are for

I have skype : o0teapot0o ,  If ya want i give u access to my cpanel to fix .

KT

Bigguy

I can't fix anything tonight. It's almost 3 am here. I will be going to bed soon. If by tomorrow it is not fixed I will help you out.

Kays

yeah the whole folder

Now that is an Oh Sh*t... ::)

Since the whole folder is gone or empty. Upload the entire folder from the large upgrade package. Also replace index.php at the root of your forums. That should clear the PortaMax error.

All of your mods will now be removed also. So it would be advisable to uninstall them all. Ignore the errors in the files in the Sources folder.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

KT

Kays

No, if you have a custom theme just leave it be.

My Mods

KT

hey Thanks have site back up

regarding mods i have uninstalled them

Do I need to delete the mods from website and upload again or can i just press install  and it will reinstall them.

KT

Kays

Great. you can just re-install the the same mods. No need to re-upload.

The main reason to uninstall them first is to remove them from the database as well as to remove any code from the theme files before you reinstall them.

My Mods

KT

Advertisement: