News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with home page

Started by Kmam, January 08, 2011, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmam

I just upgraded to sm f2.0 RC4 and have installed simple portal 2.3.3 everything works fine until I try to go to the home page where I get ...Unable to load the 'main_above' template...?? What does that mean and how to fix it
Thanks

Illori

that is a theme problem, please verify your theme files are in the correct folder. you could also try to run What is repair_settings.php? but only for the theme part of this script.

Road Rash Jr.

I have had this error every time I use a theme that uses menus above. All theme files are intact but for some reason SMF has problems with menus outside the prescribed areas.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Kmam

Will un installing it then reinstalling it fix it? Or is it more complicated than that lol

Road Rash Jr.

It's one of those annoying bugs that no one seems to be interested in fixing. Only way I have found to get rid of that error is not to use themes with above menus.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

live627

Kmam

yup I asked but have no response as of right now.

Advertisement: