News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

News fader items

Started by hayu, January 09, 2011, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayu

I need to know if something like that is possible:
I've got box number 1 and I want have in this box news line number 1 - this which I write in the admin panel/news & newsletters
and then got box number 2 and in this box news line number 2?

Arantor

I'm not really sure I understand.

In the News area of the admin panel you can add many items of news, creating new boxes as you go. Each one will be displayed in order in the news fader, one at a time, fading in, showing the item, then fading out ready for the next item.

hayu

Yes I know that, but I don't want them to fade I want eachone in other box in the index of my board.

Arantor

Then you don't really want the news fader at all. A better solution would be to grab one of the portal mods and set up blocks for each news item and manage it that way.

hayu

Yes I don't need fader part, and this I know how to turn this off, I just want to know is there possbile to do with this standard news on forum something like that:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2zoeoo6.png [nofollow]

Arantor

No. A better solution would be to grab one of the portal mods and set up blocks for each news item.

hayu

Thanks for help, portal mod are too much, but acctualy I found a very suitable mod for this - "Custom Box" so I'm done xD

Advertisement: