Board with Attachments shown only to Admins/Mods

Started by afrosheen, January 09, 2011, 09:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afrosheen

Does anyone know of a mod or settings that will allow a board to be set so that people can post attachments to it, but they would only show to moderators or admins or the person that posted it?

An example of this could be a gaming club, we want to submit screenshots of say scores, but we don't want other players to see these as it's a competition.  They could simply email them to an email address put posting to a forum board is much easier.

Arantor

Sure, using 2.0, turn on post moderation and make attachments required to be approved - then admins and moderators can see them but other users can't.

Kindred

or use the permissions system and set the board permissions to local then restrict "view attachments" in that board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That would also prevent them viewing their own attachments, though.

Kindred

hmmm.. yes, I guess it would.

These wacky user with their crazy concepts of what they think they want to do with the forum...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Heh, won't argue with that. That's one of the joys of SMF really is that it's powerful enough to be used in all kinds of interesting ways but that often requires you don't think of it in the way it was designed, rather the consequences of how it's implemented.

afrosheen

Excellent, I have RC4 and will give this a whirl!

Let me make sure I understand this correctly.

I've turned on post moderation and see how that's able to be manipulated for each profile and each membergroup.  So since my forum boards use a mixture of the default profiles of Default, No Polls, Reply Only, Read Only, it seems like I should make another profile called like "No Attachments" and then restrict my membergroups using the "Can create but requires approval" radio for attachments and apply this profile to the board that I'm wanting restricted?

Because it seems if I use my default profile or restrict this under member permissions then that will effect my users for every board on the forum.  And I'm only wanting 1 specific board restricted.

Am I on the correct path?  :o

Thanks!

Quote from: IncognitoMuse on January 09, 2011, 09:35:10 PM
Sure, using 2.0, turn on post moderation and make attachments required to be approved - then admins and moderators can see them but other users can't.

Kindred

yes... BTW: Moving out of requests and to support
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: