News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

What results in errors across multiple templates ?

Started by Jarowit, January 10, 2011, 03:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarowit

My website was fine until this morning when out of nowhere errors started to appear.  Things are no longer centered, columns no longer start at the top, in the gallery menu options are displayed over the thumbs.  Everything went weird.

What worries me the most is that these errors occur doe snot matter what template I use, I even tried the default one i included with SMF.  I re-installed the simpleportal, gallery, nothing changed.  I re-uploaded the entire /sources directory and nothing.

The Shoutbox no longer has a scroll bar but it just lets the txt spill all the way down across the screen and across everything that normally appears underneath it.

Does anyone know what could cause these errors across multiple templates like that ?  Do I need a fresh re-install  or could I re-install with using the old database ?

I am telling you guys I am on the verge of giving up on this.

Jarowit

Also, What do you do when you have to do a complete re-install on a live site ?  I have no idea how to approach this.

Illori

Advertisement: