News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Allow other Membergroups to edit Profile Fields?

Started by SN, January 10, 2011, 07:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN

Hi,

I want to allow my Moderators to be able to edit Profile fields of members.

So far the only way i seem to be able to make this possible, is it to  Allow "Administrate Forum and Database" in Permissions

But that is far to much permission i want to give them.

At the moment i have my profile fields set to " users can see the field, only admins can edit it "

I don't want regular members to be able to edit it, only forum staff and admins, but its doesn't seem possible. Unless im being stupid.

Im using RC4

Illori

you would have to create a mod request for this.

SN

Damn.

I don't mind giving them "Administrate Forum and Database"

but the only thing with that is, they are then able to change their own membergroup to a Full administrator.

right now on my forum i have Admin & Co-admin just to protect the no1 admin

Arantor

Quotebut the only thing with that is, they are then able to change their own membergroup to a Full administrator.

No they're not. You have to be in group 1 to assign group 1 to any other user, including yourself. Similarly you have to be in group 1 to remove anyone from group 1, including yourself.

SN

really ?

but i just put a test user in co admin... and i was able it make it administator while logged into the test account

Arantor

You can make it co-admin, but group 1 is protected (unless the protection code has been modified)

SN

im not sure if it has or not, but my group 1 doe snot seem to be protected

It seems that, if somone has the permission to Administrate database then they can join group 1 at will

Joker™

Go to
Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions

Open the member group for which you want to add permission and tick these options
- Edit additional profile settings

- Edit additional profile settings (I would never give this permission to my mods at least ;)).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: