News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Localization problems. Need support.

Started by Jetro Grissom, January 11, 2011, 04:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetro Grissom

Hi there,
i've installed SMF 2.0 RC4 as my alliance forum for EVE online players. I've installed it on english language as main language, after that i've added second language - russian. I've used usual version, not UTF-8, there was also installed API mode for user registration to prohibit registration for non my allaince members on this forums.

Everything was perfect, but some of my members founded this bug:
For example, your only russian speaking user, you chosen Russian language as main in your profile and wrote some post's, created some topic's and etc. And if english speaking users, who have language option in profile equal to english trying to see this post - he can see broken encoding, so its graphic symbols, but not russian letters. I've tryed to search solution, but noway for the moment. Can you help me anyhow? This is important question for me and my friends to fix it.

I also tryed to change encoding in ./htaccess file to cp1251, but it doesn't changed situation at all, i've restarted web server also.
Unfortunatelly i have no lots of exp in php/web so i need detailed instructions how to fix it.

Thanks.

Illori

sounds like your server is not correctly supporting utf8 characters or your windows users do not have that language installed on their pc so the characters dont show up correctly.

Jetro Grissom

well, as i said, SMF setuped not in UTF-8 configuration, also this problem exist also at users who have installed russian version of windows and also mac osx - i'm mac user for example.

Illori

if you look at the posts in question in the database can you correctly view the characters that have issues in the browser?

Jetro Grissom

If i'm going to DB with  phpmyadmin and going to messages table, messages showing here as
Re: первый &#1... so its wrong

Jetro Grissom

if it will help, i can provide DB access throught phpMyAdmin, also ftp and forum admin cp access to PM. Sorry that i'm noizing, but this is really important question for our community.

Jetro Grissom

So guys any clue how to fix it? The problem still exist.

Advertisement: