News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Weird error

Started by Kmam, January 11, 2011, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmam

I just got done trying to manually install the referral mod from vbgamer. I did everything it said to add and change then I get this error

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/tactical/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1022

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/tactical/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1022
any ideas of what i might have done wrong?

busterone

You may get a quicker response if you post your issue in the support topic for that mod.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.0

Kmam

Thanks I put the same question in there too lol

MrPhil

Two separate issues. First, you are at PHP 5.1.0 or later, and should be using the proper timezone settings in either your code or your php.ini file. It's not clear to me from the error message you gave whether you're using the old "hours offset" method or if you're trying to use an oddball timezone setting. The php.net site lists all the acceptable timezone names for use with either date_default_timezone_set() or date.timezone =. If you're in the US Eastern Time Zone (and want to use its DST rules), "America/New_York" is good. If you want Eastern Standard Time (no DST), you can use "Etc/GMT+5" (yes, + for West), but that is deprecated.

The second error is obviously a coding error, where you have an extra } floating around. Triple check your work to see where you went wrong.

Advertisement: