How do I change the color of the signature horizontal line?

Started by hathaquest, January 12, 2011, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hathaquest

Weird. I did this before , but now I can't repeat the change.  :-\  Using 2RC4.

Illori

try using firebug/firefox dragonfly/opera or any of the other developers tools for your browser to find what css to change.

hathaquest

Quote from: Illori on January 12, 2011, 02:06:49 PM
try using firebug/firefox dragonfly/opera or any of the other developers tools for your browser to find what css to change.

I'm pretty sure it's the signature class. It's completely non responsive to changes though.

Suki

yes, on a 2.0 forum the div holding the signature has the class  .signature  so in your /Themes/your theme/css/index.css  find that class  and change the color or remove the border-top
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Mari-chi

.signature {
     border-top: 1px solid #fb0000;
}

Add that to the end of your CSS. Just change '#fb0000' to whatever colour you'd like. :)

hathaquest

:-[

It's not working. The border-top designation was already there. By default it was black in this current theme, but the change I made has it about as light as the hr in here.

.signature
{
   clear: right;
   padding: 1em 0 3px 0;
   width: 98%;
   border-top: 1px solid #111111;
   line-height: 1.4em;
   font-size: 0.85em;

}

Weird.

I know there must be some kind of error, because when I changed the hr under the thread title, changes worked instantly.

Mari-chi

Give me a link to  your forum and I'll take a look at it. :)

Illori

maybe this part

.signature, .custom_fields_above_signature {
border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;
}

hathaquest

That's definitely it, knew it the moment you put it down. I used the browser to find the class, I thought it stopped when I pressed 'next', so I figured that was the end of signature entries.

D'oh.

Thanks btw. I lost hours over this, smh lol.

Illori

and it took me about 2 seconds with firebug.... as i suggested you try above.

Advertisement: