News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

a floating board

Started by sviridovt, January 13, 2011, 01:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sviridovt

Hello, I dont know if this should be placed in conversion board or not, so if it is, then please move

I just moved to smf from mybb (well actually its just a test for 1 week) there is a board in there that after conversion is not under any category and cant be controlled/deleted from Admin CP. In MyBB it was a sub forum and it was the only sub forum on the whole forum. take a look at it here: forum.svitech.net

I am using SMF 2 RC4

Thanks, Tim

Thrilling

I don't see any floating board, can you point me in the right direction?
Geeksoup.net - Free Technical Support

Redefining tech support..

sviridovt

Quote from: Thrilling on January 13, 2011, 02:57:36 AM
I don't see any floating board, can you point me in the right direction?

Its right below SVITech category board name is suggestions

Illori

that is a board in a category with no title.

ARG01

Looks like a separate Category with no title to me, not a board.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

sviridovt

Quote from: G1 on January 13, 2011, 06:20:59 PM
Looks like a separate Category with no title to me, not a board.  ;)

I cant control it thru admin cp and can you even create a board without title? (a noob question but I am pretty new to SMF)

ARG01

I have not a clue. This may be a stab in the dark but have you tried resetting the theme? Admin/Themes-Layout/Theme Settings/Attempt to reset all themes. Them maybe clear the site cache.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

sviridovt

Quote from: G1 on January 13, 2011, 11:47:33 PM
I have not a clue. This may be a stab in the dark but have you tried resetting the theme? Admin/Themes-Layout/Theme Settings/Attempt to reset all themes. Them maybe clear the site cache.  ???
tried it,doesnt work

Yigal

Uuh, delete the category and start a new one?  Are you able to do that?  Read this:  Boards

Seeing that you have no posts in the "Suggestions" Board, it shouldn't be a problem deleting this category.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

sviridovt

Quote from: Yigal on January 14, 2011, 01:05:21 AM
Uuh, delete the category and start a new one?  Are you able to do that?  Read this:  Boards

Seeing that you have no posts in the "Suggestions" Board, it shouldn't be a problem deleting this category.
That's the problem is that I cant

Illori

what is keeping you from deleting it?

Yigal

Can you please post a screenshot?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

sviridovt

Quote from: Yigal on January 14, 2011, 02:35:20 PM
why you could go to forum.svitech.net and see for your self

Yigal

Quote from: sviridovt on January 14, 2011, 08:56:33 PM
Quote from: Yigal on January 14, 2011, 02:35:20 PM
why you could go to forum.svitech.net and see for your self

I mean of what you're seeing on your "Boards" section of your administration.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

[SAP]Francis

This seems like the category table is broken. That category has no ID, no name which is pretty much impossible IMHO. Try to go in Admin>Maintenance and Find and Repair Errors. If that fails, go to your board index, then into Admin>Maintenance and then Logs, post us the Error ones.

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

sviridovt

Quote from: [SAP]Francis on January 14, 2011, 09:23:23 PM
This seems like the category table is broken. That category has no ID, no name which is pretty much impossible IMHO. Try to go in Admin>Maintenance and Find and Repair Errors. If that fails, go to your board index, then into Admin>Maintenance and then Logs, post us the Error ones.
thanks, it worked! sorry for being such a noob at this, I just switched from MyBB with very limited SMF experience

Yigal

Ahh, that's the solution.  Thanks [SAP]Francis!  I'll mark this topic solved.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Advertisement: