News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bug with lists

Started by The One, July 11, 2005, 08:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The One

I tried using the list tags button to create list. I selected the text I wanted to be made a list and then clicked the list button.
This was the code that was generated
[list]
[li]test1
test2
test3[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

What I actually wanted after I typed the list is shown below
Input

[list]
[li]test1[/li]
[li]test2[/li]
[li]test3[/li]
[/list]

This looks like a bug.
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

It's not meant to make each line a li.  For that, I would suggest:

[*] line1
[*] line2
[*] line3

-[Unknown]

The One

Then what else was it meant to do?
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

It's meant to surround the selected text with [li] bbc tags.

-[Unknown]

The One

That doesn't look like a very good use of those tags.
In which files does the logic for modifying this lie? (Maybe I could try it out  ;))
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

Just the Post template, and script.js.  Every button uses basically the same code.

It would seem completely illogical and counter intuitive to me if the Bold and List buttons did entirely different things.  Plus it would make me think you couldn't have items in a list that are more than one line long.

-[Unknown]

The One

Do you mean to say that each list element should have a
[list][li]row 1[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
surrounding it?
I don't think the [list][/list] is necessary for each element. also what do the blank 'li' tags do there?
The problem is choice

[Unknown]

It does a basic set to give you a template to create a list.  It still surrounds what you've selected like everything else.

-[Unknown]

The One

Wouldn't it be better if it could give you the list with elements itself. Only for items that are more the one line long would we need to delete the 'li' tags.
Compared to the above, surrounding each item with the whole list, li and blank li tags that are generated right now seems like a waste of time.
Instead if we could have it just surround the whole list with 'list' tags and the lines with 'li' each, that would be more intutive (in fact that is what I expectd to do when I used it for the first time).
The problem is choice

The One

The problem is choice

dcmouser

I agree 100%, altering the javascript to do this would be a really nice improvement.
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

dcmouser

ok we've finally upgraded to rc1.1 and i've implemented feature and will be posting it along with a bunch of more significant smf modifications in the next week to www.donationcoder.com in our Site Downloads section.

-mouser
http://www.donationcoder.com
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

Advertisement: