News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

A problem occur again

Started by eric1234, January 13, 2011, 01:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

Quote from: eric1234 on January 14, 2011, 10:09:13 AM
I download directly from my file manager in cpanel.
All I can say is that the Subs.php you have attached is incomplete.

There will be one more file in your Source directory as Subs.php~, attach that file here.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

eric1234

Joker™

That file is the backup file of your Subs.php. It has data of your Subs.php till the last change being made in it(not manually).

Just try this file (attached in this reply) in place of Subs.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

eric1234

If i want to remove the article and help tab, what should i do? I am actually afraid to remove the code again scared the same problem will occur again.

eric1234

I has make it. Now everything is settle. :)

eric1234

Oh ya, after i uninstall the ads management in my test site, there's an error occured after found that the error seem to be unable to solve , i reinstall again the SMF and after i installed, the whole background turn to white colour and all the forum format become very messy. Please check it out, i dunno what caused it.

www.animeinfo.co.cc/forums

Joker™

How have to upgraded your forum? (I mean using large upgrade or small)

http://www.animeinfo.co.cc/forums/index.php?theme=1 << try this link, after that go to admin panel reset your whole forum to default theme.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

eric1234

Yeah, it solve . I don't understand what you mean by upgrade the forum. >.<

Oh ya, how come i was unable to change to other theme rather than the default theme?

Yigal

Upgrading forum?  Means going from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12 Read this, okay? Upgrading SMF

Is this topic solved?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Joker™

Quote from: eric1234 on January 14, 2011, 12:16:45 PM
i reinstall again the SMF and after i installed, the whole background turn to white colour and all the forum format become very messy. Please check it out, i dunno what caused it.
For that i said upgraded the forum.

Keeping that aside, I can see you are using SMF 2.0 RC4 with theme other than default one. Which was the theme you were trying to install earlier?

Quote from: Yigal on January 15, 2011, 12:16:22 AM
Upgrading forum?  Means going from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12 Read this, okay? Upgrading SMF

Is this topic solved?
Nearly solved ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

eric1234

Yeah, it was the theme that i installed earlier ^^ And regarding to the upgrade thing, my forum currently powered with SMF 2.0 RC4 which is the latest. SO i guess nothing can be upgrade right now. :)

Kind of nearly solve. just got a few small questions to ask. :)

Oh ya, i notice that the moderator in SMF 2.0 RC 4 got not much power , when i set their permission, their permission setting page seem to be not much permission to set compare to global moderator. And they seem to be unable to warn users . In SMF , Moderator just got the power in a particular section where they has been assigned as a Moderator, while they're just a normal user at other section( I read in the SMF). So how can i give them a constant power which mean they are able to close, merge or move thread and even warn other user in other section? Just like the moderator in this forum where other section moderator able to help this section moderator.

How can i temporary close some mods in SMF ? I wanna temporary disable the Trader System in my SMF forum and i got no idea.  >.<

Can i put 2 type of different tag? There's a tag that state the person status whether he is a moderator or admin and so on , how can i put a different tag? Which the tag will be locate after the gender display of a user.

Illori

you would need to make a user group and give the permissions that you want to that group, then assign it to those people you wish to have the permissions. smf does not come with mods installed by default, what do you mean about disabling the trader system?

you can change the "stars" to a badge for each member group, but it will not appear after the gender icons for the user.

eric1234

Beside the stars tag, i want my member to have another tag? So how can i do that? :)

Well, i has installed a mods called " Trader System " , but i have to wait till my forum is big enough before i use that system, so currently i plan to deactivate it. :)

By the way, how come there's a newbie word when i am an administrator? It appeared after the words " Administrator " , the same goes to other position as well.

Illori

you can either blank out the name of the post count based groups or in admin -> current theme check hide post group titles for grouped members. for the question about the trader system please use the support topic for that mod. there is currently no way without a mod to have more then one type of badge shown at one time, check the mod site or request one to be made.

eric1234

Beside blank off, can i change the name of it? Like just change the newbie word in members that got position only. 

I see. I will do that thank you

By the way, my test site still unable to change to other theme rather than the default theme. It said the theme has changed as the name has changed to the name of the theme i want but the whole forum theme still remain at default theme. >.<

eric1234

Joker™

Which theme have you tried to install?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

eric1234

anime heaven from SMF personal ^^

Joker™

http://www.animeinfo.co.cc/forums/index.php << are we talking of this site of your's. At that site I can see anime heaven theme being in use.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

eric1234

I think it is working now. Topic solved . :)
Thank you very much for you guys help ! Appreciate it a lot. ^^

Advertisement: