All actions go to 404, then appear on refresh

Started by tecate1, January 13, 2011, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tecate1

I have just installed SMF 2.0RC4 and have set it up using the core theme. When doing test posts it will go to a 404 page with this being the url: hxxp:isellcontainers.com/board,3.0.html [nonactive]

When I go back 2 pages and refresh the page it shows up with a different url, (hxxp:isellcontainers.com/bstandard-shipping-containersb/test-8/ [nonactive]). This is very frustrating and I cannot open this forum up to promote it with this type of problem. This site will be for listing shipping containers for sale all over the country and I want visitors to have confidence that they are not wasting their time. The mods that I am using are:

Ajax instant quick reply,
pretty urls,
remove index.php from url

I really would like to start promoting this site but feel it would be ill advised until I get this worked out.

Another problem that I am experiencing is something that should be really simple, adding a favicon. I searched and found the logical solution of just replacing the favicon with my own, but with the same name as the default, but that didn't work. Even deleting the favicon still showed the default favicon with no favicon.ico in the root at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Farjo

I note from your other post that your live board is running version 1. Did you set up RC4 by copying the database? If so did you run the repair_settings.php tool?

Advertisement: