News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Clear Sky

Started by zutzu, January 13, 2011, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zutzu

Link to the theme

This theme uses pleasing colors with shades of the sky.

Live demo | Support | Donate to my work

rtl.css added

Tested in:
IE7, Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari

SISPro

how do i change the logo that says clear sky to my logo

ARG01

I think SISpro wants to change the logo to another image. The logo is located in Clear_sky/images/theme/mylogo.png. Just replace the mylogo.png image with your new image. Make sure that your new logo is the same size, has the same name of mylogo and is a png image.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

SISPro

yes thank you that is what i was looking for

MartyS

I only have one issue with this theme...  On the top bar, where it says SHOW NEWS POSTS and SHOW NEWS REPLIES

It should say SHOW NEW POSTS AND SHOW NEW REPLIES (without the s in news).  Does anyone know how to change this so it reads properly in English?

zutzu

Updated to SMF 2 Final

trebul

Quote from: MartyS on March 01, 2011, 10:37:38 AM
I only have one issue with this theme...  On the top bar, where it says SHOW NEWS POSTS and SHOW NEWS REPLIES

It should say SHOW NEW POSTS AND SHOW NEW REPLIES (without the s in news).  Does anyone know how to change this so it reads properly in English?

Open the Themes folder -> then the Clear Sky folder -> then languages folder -> open the ThemeStrings.english.php -> There you can change news to new. Hope that helped.

Love talking about pets?
      Visit a friendly pet forum!

Looking for tips to running a forum?
      Trebul's community guide

Shades.

How can I get the logo to position to the left? Right now it is to the right of the menu buttons below it and looks horrible.

Have a look here: http://www.myauctionfamily.com
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

yafet

Yes, can someone please help with the question above? i am experiencing same issue.
I want to change the logo position abit to the left...basically modifying the X Y positioning of mylogo.png

PLEASE HELP  :(

ARG01

yafet can you post a link to your site please?  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

yafet

Hi ARG,

thanks for prompt reply,
Basically my problem is, when i turn on the news header, the logo (mylogo.png) is shifted up to the very top of the page, not horizontally alligned with the news header.

But when i turn of the news header, the logo sits just fine.

example:

With news header

Without news header

...and i do really like the News Header feature in this template, so i am hoping if there's anyway i could adjust the positioning of the logo (mylogo.png), so it will look nice alligned with News header.

Thanks for the help :)

ARG01

Moving your logo more to the left (float: left;) may help as the news area requires a certain amount of space. Also if your theme is set at a fixed width, setting it to a fluid with may fix this issue as well.

;)

yafet

would you care to explain it in details? as i am not a progammer, hence you need to bear with me when explain things hehe  ;D

where do i move the logo to the left? which code i should change? what line? and replace with what?

ARG01

I cant really tell you without a direct link to the theme but in index.css it may look similar to this.
#logo a {
position: absolute;
top: 4.5em;
display: block;
width: 254px;
height: 60px;
cursor: pointer;
background: url(../images/id/logo.png) no-repeat;
}

Try adding this to that part of the code.
float: left;

Remember to always keep a backup of your file before making changes.  ;)

ARG01

Scratch that last post. I just downloaded and installed the theme. I will take a look at it.  ;)

ARG01

Ok, in the Clearsky index.css find this:
h1.forumtitle
{
line-height: 45px;
font-size: 1.8em;
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
margin: 30px 0px 0px 100px;
padding: 0;
}

change to this:
h1.forumtitle
{
line-height: 45px;
font-size: 1.8em;
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
margin: 30px 0px 0px 10px;
padding: 0;
}

:)

yafet

Hi ARG,

I am sorry i might be wrong, but i didnt see any difference between 2 codes you wrote...
and also, my default codes are already like that (with float left)

any other idea?

ARG01

Quote from: yafet on October 08, 2011, 01:08:38 PM
Hi ARG,

I am sorry i might be wrong, but i didnt see any difference between 2 codes you wrote...
and also, my default codes are already like that (with float left)

any other idea?

There is actually a difference.

This:
margin: 30px 0px 0px 100px;

was changed to this:
margin: 30px 0px 0px 10px;

The 100px was changed to 10px.  ;)

Advertisement: