News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC3, No "Reply" option available for a member

Started by PenelopeQ, January 13, 2011, 06:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

I have one member who says that while she is logged in there is not a Reply button available and she can thus not respond to threads. She's been active for months with no problems until now. Here are her private messages about the situation.

QuoteStill no reply button. Will log out and leave off. The home button is grayed out.

[Later]The home button is okay now but there is no way to respond to threads. It looks the same as when you are not logged in. Like read only. I have access to looking at anything. Just can't reply.

So, any ideas?

Illori

in the users profile, click on show permissions, does this user have a deny permission somewhere on posting replies?

PenelopeQ

Nope, I just checked and no permissions are denied. She's always been able tp reply before today.

Illori

PenelopeQ

No. She is a subscriber who regularly posts on my private board for subscribers....she's been there since I started the subscription board in October.

PenelopeQ

The situation is not yet resolved, but she can access off of  her phone and using a different web browser. Here is her PM to me.
QuoteIt still does not work on my phone. That is Safari. But on my computer IE, worked fine. I don't know what's different as I have almost exclusively posted from my phone since I joined.

I don't know if I can download IE to my phone. I can view and send pm's from my phone.

Let me know if you find out how I can fix it on my phone.

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Spoogs

Did her subscription expire?
Check your calendar settings... make sure the max year is greater than 2010
Admin>>Forum>>Calendar>>Settings

Illori

what does modifying the calendar max year have to do with one person not being able to post?

Spoogs

If being able to post is subscription based and the max year is wrong... it could be an issue

Nonetheless it was only a suggestion to check it.

Yigal

Quote from: Spoogs on January 15, 2011, 10:50:04 AM
If being able to post is subscription based and the max year is wrong... it could be an issue

Nonetheless it was only a suggestion to check it.

+1, it's still worth to check.  Check her profile subscriptions and see if anything expired?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

PenelopeQ

Her subscription is not expired--I did check though.
That would block complete access to the private forum, not only posting and she would still have posting abilities on the public forum.

Mods
Bad Behavior mod, 1.0.0
Bad Behavior install, 1.0.0
Yet Another Global Announcements Mod, 2.7.3
TopicStarter Mod, 1.5
Effectively Remove SMF Logo, 1.1
Default_Membergroup, 1.0.1
Drafts, 1.1

She just sent another PM with more details.
QuoteYou know I told you my home button etc was grayed out, but still worked.

The reply button is there. It's just not green like usual. I pressed where it should be, though I can't see it, and it worked .

Something has changed about the tabs. Some aren't visible  , but because I have posted so much I can guess where they are. Strange.

But it works.

Illori

do you have the warning system enabled? does this member have any warnings?

PenelopeQ

Quote from: Illori on January 16, 2011, 10:17:25 AM
do you have the warning system enabled? does this member have any warnings?
Nope

It sounds like maybe it's an iphone issue though. Has anyone heard of problems or differences viewing with a mobile device?

Illori

PenelopeQ

She has discovered--PM quoted above--that she can reply. The button is not visible, but since she knows its location she clicked there and it worked.
But someone unfamiliar with the site would think there was no replying capability.

Yigal

Does she have a screen-shot of what she can see?  Upload it here.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Advertisement: