News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I dont want 'moderator', show me real membergroup

Started by likemike, January 14, 2011, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

likemike

Hello,

I made my membergroups and i am assigning them to their specific boards.

But in their own boards, their membergroup names are shown as "Moderator". In other boards, their membergroup name is normal as i defined (for instance Strategy Moderator).

How can i set smf so they will still show their membergroup names at their own boards, and also i dont want to show the moderator names at boards' title. Are these possible?

Thanks in advance.

Illori

dont set them as moderator of the board, create a group assign it as an additional group give it permissions to moderator that one board, may need to use a profile to do so.

likemike

How do i give permission to a membergroup to moderate that specific board? I dont see that option anywhere.

Illori

you have to make a new group and give that group permissions just for that one board using a profile.

likemike

Use a profile but what profile?

What profile possibly can have moderating permission on a specific group?

Sorry i cant understand it.

Tanks

you can create permission profiles and when you create a board you can tell the board what permission profile to use.

Thats how u do it ;)

likemike

You can create permission profiles but there is no option there to be able to moderate specific board.

Maybe i m misunderstood.

Lets say i have a board called "Online gaming"

Membergroup called "Online Gaming Moderator" will be moderating that board but without assigning them moderator on that board.

That way, their names wont be printed on the topic, and inside this board they will still have their membergroup name written above their picture.

Illori

you need to assign the correct permissions so they can moderate in the profile for that board.

likemike

When i create a new profile, where to set the permissions?

I create it, but i cant just name it, no other settings.

Edit: I got it, this is solved. Thanks for help guys.

Joker™

Quote from: likemike on January 14, 2011, 09:57:51 AM
Edit: I got it, this is solved. Thanks for help guys.
Marking this topic solved then, feel free to reopen it if you face difficulty regarding this issue again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: