News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Block category from 'Recent Unread Topics'

Started by steve51184, January 14, 2011, 12:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

hi all is there a way to block a whole category from 'Recent Unread Topics'? thanks

Kindred

there is a mod that will stop listing a single board...    but there is nothing that will block a category.

You would have to code it...   (If you can't do it yourself, I suggest asking in the coding discussion board.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

steve51184

can i get a link to that mod? maybe it can be easily modified to block multiple boards?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

steve51184

i did and i found that outdated mod but i was assumed you wasn't talking about that

Kindred

just because it lists a previous version does not necessarily mean that it is outdated.

I use it on my RC4 board and it installed just fine.
Слaва
Украинi

steve51184

ahh ok and is there a way to modify it to ether

a) make it block categories and not boards

or

2) block multiple boards

Kindred

well, if you go into the code, in theory you can modify it to handle multiple boards....

making it ignore categories is much more complicated.
Слaва
Украинi

steve51184

Quote from: Kindred on January 24, 2011, 01:56:27 PM
well, if you go into the code, in theory you can modify it to handle multiple boards....

making it ignore categories is much more complicated.

wow the code is quite simple... i thought it'd be quite complex.. will get modifying it later on thank you :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: