How did I turn off the avatar feature?

Started by TeaTephi, January 14, 2011, 02:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaTephi

They worked after I installed this morning.   I think some avatars are shown others are not.   What on earth did i do?
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Yigal

Go into the Attachments and Avatars Manager and make sure all the paths are correct.  As well, did you upload an avatar from a link?  Did you check if the link is still working?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

TeaTephi

My avatar is in the profile editing feature.   It doesn't show up in my posts, nor in the shoutbox (you can see in the screenshot someone's avatar is a white box).   You think this is a Tiny Portal issue?
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Matthew K.

For the heck of it, I'd try running What is repair_settings.php? and seeing you can straighten anything out via that.

TeaTephi

how do you use it?  I've navigated to the site, but not sure what to do, just click save? 

All of the urls were the same, as the recommended ones.

Yigal

Quote from: TeaTephi on January 14, 2011, 06:47:27 PM
how do you use it?  I've navigated to the site, but not sure what to do, just click save? 

Run this file -> http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=repair_settings.php into your /forum directory, open it and check your paths.
Also, can you please list your modifications?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

TeaTephi

Activity in Profile ....Profile Comments.....Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles......TinyPortal 1.0   That's all i have so far

Yigal

I'd suggest trying to uninstall the "Profile Comments".  Did you try to use the "repair_settings.php"?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Baby Daisy

If it shows correctly in all parts of the forums besides TinyPortal, than your issue is TinyPortal.

Make sure you are running the latest version of TinyPortal. Perhaps ask the people over at TP for help, or hopefully someone from TP can help you out here.

For reference though, I can perhaps attempt to assist you by asking: what is the URL that the avatar is being referenced from, on TP? View the source and tell us
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

TeaTephi

It doesn't show correctly in the forum posts.   I uninstalled profile comments, still no change.    Repair settings showed all the urls and they were the same as the recommended links.

tried to find the url being referenced from, viewed the source and still no clue.   I attached it here.  What keywords do I look for in the source file?

Yigal

By the way, did you look at Baby Moonview Daisy' suggestion?

This showed up on the file you attached:  This page contains the following errors:
error on line 63 at column 25: Encoding error

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

TeaTephi

I'm running the latest TP, just installed SMF 2.0 RC4 today (large upgrade) and it worked fine this morning.  I was trying to fix something in TP (shout box) and may have clicked something I shouldn't have.   I will ask them next if we can't figure it out.  thanks for your help.

Yigal

You should ask the support topic right away, that's the right place.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Advertisement: