Automatic e-mail / PM

Started by noquiexis, January 14, 2011, 09:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noquiexis

I would like to set up an automatic e-mail notification and Personal Message (PM) for newly registered members (SMF version 2.0 RC3). These notifications would contain our welcome letter and links to help files that are specific to our forum. These messages would not be sent until after the new member registration is complete. These notifications would be a one-time send only.

I have searched the SMF Community SMF 2.x Support, but cannot find the answers. Perhaps I have missed them. It seems possible to set up a membergroup with a post count of zero (0), and then set up an automatic newsletter (similar to the birthday greeting) for this group only. We also have a "Member Items" board where this welcome letter is placed in a sticky.

The problem is that we have a number of registered members that read posts, but do not reply or create original posts. (They may be timid about posting, or just shy about the internet in general.) Some of these registered members may 'lurk' for months before posting a message. They may already be familiar with the help files in question, and a welcome letter to them may seem inappropriate. We may be able to get around that by placing a 'revision' date on the welcome letter.

??? ??? ???
"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
 Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."

William Wordsworth

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Advertisement: