Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamePersia

saying The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
using 2.0.7 smf v.

420Connect.co.uk

Sorry to bump this one..

I'm attempting to emulate to install this but no versions seem to work that have been suggested earlier on? :S
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Steve

I don't know how to help you with that because mine was manually installed by someone with more technical expertise than I but I did want to mention a couple of things.

You can try the updated version here: https://github.com/emanuele45/Tabbed-Smileys/releases

If you manually install this version, there is a crucial thing you absolutely must remember .... NEVER move a smiley from the first position in a tab ... there's a significant glitch that will randomize your smileys. To get around it, move another smiley to the first position, then move the smiley that was in the first spot but is now in the second to wherever you want.
DO NOT pm me for support!

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Steve on March 04, 2015, 06:04:13 PM
I don't know how to help you with that because mine was manually installed by someone with more technical expertise than I but I did want to mention a couple of things.

You can try the updated version here: https://github.com/emanuele45/Tabbed-Smileys/releases

If you manually install this version, there is a crucial thing you absolutely must remember .... NEVER move a smiley from the first position in a tab ... there's a significant glitch that will randomize your smileys. To get around it, move another smiley to the first position, then move the smiley that was in the first spot but is now in the second to wherever you want.

Thanks for the reply Steve!
We seem to use a lot of the same MOD's  :P
& I'll keep that in mind, for if I get it installed :)

Unfortunately, that's where I found the version I'm trying to use.. :(

I can't get a parser to tell me the edits either as no version seems to be compatible? :S
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Steve

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Steve on March 05, 2015, 05:13:08 PM
Did you try here?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2782

That parses for me for 2.0.9 ....

Somehow I hadn't actually tried that, yet - lol thank you!
(although the github version is newer than the version that parses :()

I'll try it out on a test site and see how I get on  O:)

Steve

I'm not sure how the github version works. What the heck is Elkarte and is it something that's needed to make the mod work? I confuzzled. :P

Rk2910

Steve, do you have an example site that has the tabbed smileys?  I think it is a great idea and should make selecting the smileys easier and the members won't have to wait to see all of them load. That's the complaint I get mostly.

Rk2910

Quote from: Steve on March 06, 2015, 12:42:22 PM
I'm not sure how the github version works. What the heck is Elkarte and is it something that's needed to make the mod work? I confuzzled. :P
http://www.elkarte.net/ (hope I don't get in trouble for this)

https://theadminzone.com/forums/elkarte.524/

Steve

Quote from: Rk2910 on March 10, 2015, 06:40:51 PM
Steve, do you have an example site that has the tabbed smileys?  I think it is a great idea and should make selecting the smileys easier and the members won't have to wait to see all of them load. That's the complaint I get mostly.

Just my private forum but I'll attach a couple of images so you can see what it looks like. :)

Quote from: Rk2910 on March 10, 2015, 07:27:53 PM(hope I don't get in trouble for this)

Naw, you shouldn't. I did ask so they can yell at me if'n they want. :P

Rk2910

So, I installed the 0.3.7 version and it wasn't compatible. I downloaded the Beta and it installed fine with no errors but all I could get is "more" out of it, no tabs and what the instructions said didn't work, i.e. I saw no additions to the Posts and Topics menu.
Oh well.  Yours looks like what I need though.

Steve

I'm using the 0.3.7 version and it parses for all versions of smf through 2.0.9 (which I'm on) so I'm not sure why you say it's not compatible.

Rk2910

I tried to install it and it told me that it was not compatible.  I'm not sure on the parsing thing - I clicked that and it dumped a lot of code but I'm not sure what to do with it, not a programmer.  I can try, some looks easy enough.

Rk2910

As an update I did everything that the parse said to do except the non-english language ones.  Went ok. I think, No errors as I saved each one and the site is still up ;-)
Steve, can you show me a screenshot of your smileys and message page?
I've attached mine.
I see the Tabs names and appearance (like it was in the Beta) and the area above it where I think you move your smileys (also like it was in the Beta) - notice that it says something about a popup....
I "moved" a few smileys and it created a SmallSmileys2 Tab name but now I get a "more" link below the smileys I have when I post and those 5 show up in the popup. See 2nd attachment.  So how do I get the tabs?  I looked through the Post and Topics menu but don't see anything.

Steve

You did uninstall the Beta before installing the other one, right?

The first image is what I see when I go to Admin/Forum/Smiley.

The second is what it looks like when I click Set Smiley Order. When you select one, you'll get an arrow after every smiley and you just click the one where you want it to go. If you click the very bottom one (in a row by itself), you'll get a new tab.

Don't worry about the Popup stuff except when you're adding new smileys. Once your basic row (the first tab) is set, select the popup even though you'll have to move it to where you want after it uploads.

The third are my tabs.

Remember what I said about moving smileys from position 1 in a tab.

Rk2910

Quote from: Steve on March 12, 2015, 09:32:43 AM
You did uninstall the Beta before installing the other one, right?
Yup, best I remember - I've slept twice since then tough ;-) (See attached - notice that when I manually entered the parsed code it must have entered the .0.3.7 into the list??)

The first image is what I see when I go to Admin/Forum/Smiley.
Same as mine

The second is what it looks like when I click Set Smiley Order. When you select one, you'll get an arrow after every smiley and you just click the one where you want it to go.
I need to do some more playing with this - I'm not getting a tab, meaning in the post reply form.

If you click the very bottom one (in a row by itself), you'll get a new tab.
Not sure what you mean.

Don't worry about the Popup stuff except when you're adding new smileys. Once your basic row (the first tab) is set, select the popup even though you'll have to move it to where you want after it uploads.
Haven't got there yet.

The third are my tabs.
I have 2 in the list but they don't show up in the reply page.   Your "Tabs appearance:" area is mucho different than mine.

Remember what I said about moving smileys from position 1 in a tab.
When I get that far, I will.

Steve

I'm not sure how to advise you from here without being able to see what's going on. And I'm not suggesting you give me access, just in case anyone thinks that. It looks like you're doing things right from what I can tell from the images. :-\

Rk2910

QuoteYour "Tabs appearance:" area is mucho different than mine.
Wonder where that is populated from? Notice it didn't change from the two images I posted - one with default and one with SmallSmiley2.

Yeah, I'm not getting anywhere now.  I can keep adding icons to the SmallSmileys2" tab (popup) but I can't get another tab to appear in the list.  Weird.

Steve

Did you move a smiley to the very last down arrow? That should create a new tab. I'll get a screenshot of what I'm talking about in a sec.

Edit: screenshot added

Rk2910

I see that the "Tabs appearance:" is coming from Sources\Subs.php
I just did that but nothing happened - I'll try again.

Edit: I found the down arrow you're talking about and it did make a new "tab" - maybe now I'll see tabs?

Advertisement: