News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC4 Warning system

Started by FreeDisplayName, January 15, 2011, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeDisplayName

Hi,

I am scratching my head on the following issue:

I want to enable the Warning system in my forum, for some viable reasons. However, I seem not able to get the permissions sorted so that members who moderate a given board (or two) can issue warnings. Only Admins and Global Moderators seem able to issue warnings.

Did I miss something? Or is this by design?

Cheers for any help!

Spoogs

Admin>>Configuration>>Core Features

FreeDisplayName

Sure. I know I have to enable it (along with post moderation) to get it working.

I can issue warnings (well, I am admin), and global moderators can. But my *board moderators* can't even though I would like them to issue warnings.

I tried to add the permission "Issue warnings to members" to the Moderators group, but that seemed to have no effect whatsoever...

Cheers!

Illori

by default the moderator group can only have issues related to post moderation, at this point in time warning members is not included in those permissions. you could request a mod to do such if it does not already exist on the mod site. you may also wish to make a feature request for this, but at this time 2.0 is feature locked so this would be a change for 2.1.

FreeDisplayName

Ah yes, makes sense since the "Issue warning" permission is listed as a user administration permission, not a user moderation permission. (I personally think that this classification as user administration is wrong, though)

That also explains that I was not able to add this particular permission to the Moderators group.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Spoogs

Quote from: FreeDisplayName on January 15, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
Sure. I know I have to enable it (along with post moderation) to get it working.

I can issue warnings (well, I am admin), and global moderators can. But my *board moderators* can't even though I would like them to issue warnings.

I tried to add the permission "Issue warnings to members" to the Moderators group, but that seemed to have no effect whatsoever...

Cheers!
yay for my not reading your whole post ;D

FreeDisplayName

Quote from: Spoogs on January 15, 2011, 07:55:40 PM
Quote from: FreeDisplayName on January 15, 2011, 07:40:17 PM

Cheers!
yay for my not reading your whole post ;D

+1 for your skill in self-irony. :D

Spoogs

I have no worries taking my fails like a man  8)

Advertisement: