News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Noob error *SOLVED*

Started by b0dyr0ck2006, January 17, 2011, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0dyr0ck2006

I have recently installed a photo gallery on my site and when setting up the SQL database I stupidly used the same username as the one I use for my website.

The new gallery works fine at swapsiesuk.co.uk/tony but the main site doesn't.

Help! How do I sort this? I've tried the repair_settings.php but that just tells me mysql details are wrong!
Why don't you check out my site: www.swapsiesuk.co.uk

Why Shop when you can Swap?!

Illori

you are best to ask your host for further support as it may deal with changing the username/password on the smf database which we can not help you with.

b0dyr0ck2006

I have full MYSQL access. I tried removing user swapsies_colin from the gallery db and when I went to the URL it basically looked like a pre install page e.g to install press continue the main site didn't work. I replaced swapsies_colin to the gallery db and it worked fine

Does that make sense?

Illori

no it does not make sense to me, as i have no idea what a swapsies_colin table has in it or what you have done. smf can easily live along with other tables using the same database as long as none have the same name or prefix.

b0dyr0ck2006

swapsies_smf is the database for my forum
swapsies_colin is the username I used to connect to said database

Been working fine.
Installed a new gallery in a child directory of the existing site

swapsies_rizla is the database for my gallery
Swapsies_colin is the username I used to connect to the database, in my error. Should of been _rizla

Now the new gallery works fine, no problems but I can't view my smf forum, shows an overloaded server HTML error.

I run repair_settings.php on my forum and all the details are correct and as they should be, pointing to the db and user above, but says at the top "MYSQL database can't connect because of incorrect information"

I go into MYSQL admin and remove the user swapsies_colin from the gallery db and the gallery site fails to load, but still the smf forum fails to function too even though _colin is only assigned to the forum db.

Reassigning _colin to _rizla Brings the gallery back online again.

Have I explained myself better?

Thanks for your help with this

Illori

can you try creating a new user with a different name and assign it to the forum database and repair settings again?

b0dyr0ck2006

::)

That fixed it, always something simple that you over look. Second pair of eyes always helps.

Thank you very much for you help, got me out of a tight jam there. Really appreciate it.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: