News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC3 Captcha image not displaying

Started by cloksin, January 17, 2011, 11:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloksin

I recently increased my captcha strength to ward off spammers, but now the image won't display at all regardless of what strength I set it at.  I've search through this site looking for an answer but I can't seem to find one.  Even when I'm in the admin panel I get a broken link for the image.  These are the mods I have installed:

1. Stars And Badges 2.2   
2. WYSIWYG Quick Reply 2.1   
3. Karma Description Mod 2.6.8 
4. Custom Action Mod 3.2   
5. SMFShop 3.1.6.1   
6. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC3 Plugin 1.3.0   
7. SMF Staff Page 1.7   
8. Bookmarks 2.3   
9. Member Awards 2.2.3 
10. Aeva Media 1.4c   
11. Topic Solved 1.1.1   
12. Order Custom Profile Fields 1.1   
13. Member Color Link 3.0.8   
14. SimplePortal 2.3.3 
15. Post Unapproval 1.1.3

I ran the SMF file checker and all it shows me is that several files don't end with ?>, I open the files to edit them and they sure do end with ?>, I tried to eliminate any white space or additional lines at the end of the files and it still shows in the file checker as not ending with ?>.

The captcha was working fine until I made the change, and I haven't added any mods since the change.  I've looked at the reCaptcha mod but would like to get this issue resolved before I add any more mods to my site.  I've had to disable registration verification to get around this problem and in the 2 days since I've done this I've been inundated with spam bots.  How can I get the captcha back.  I only use it for registration, no where else.
SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

cloksin

SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

cloksin

SMF 2.0.1
SimplePortal 2.3.3

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Could you please check if there are any errors displayed in the error log of the forum and also via your hosting panel when you visit the registration page?

Advertisement: