No mods are showing, nor can I edit them.

Started by JamesMD, January 17, 2011, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesMD

I've installed numerous modifications (One actually works, the AJAX Quick Reply Mod) but none of them give me the option to edit them, example, I've installed Member Awards SMF 2.0 RC4 mod, but I can't actually do anything with it. The picture below is what I'm looking for in my menus.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=475;id=146837;image

I even went back to the very first theme SMF uses to see if anything was there but it's still all the same, for my theme and the standard one. Everything I have installed have all passed the writing stages, non have been 'Un-writeable' and they all support SMF 2.0 RC4. I don't know if this is a bug, or what? I just can't seem to edit anything I install.

My Forum is SMF 2.0 RC4.

JamesMD

hadesflames

for that particular mod, have you gone to Admin > Configuration > Awards

It should be there.

JamesMD

Yeah tried everything, nothing is showing at all. Sorry for the late reply! Is there anyway to transfer my members and boards to a lower version of SMF? Everything worked until I did this fresh install of RC4.

JamesMD

Any word on this? I'm really confused as to why nothing is showing, yet installing... I tried the default template then installed a Modl, but no luck either.. Everything has full permissions and everything is writeable/successful.

CapadY

Maybe you will have a little patience.

Bumping within 24 hours isn't realy apreciated. Some helpers will even ignore members that bump within 24 hours.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

JamesMD

Sorry, it was bumped over to page 2, normally they don't get seen... From what I've experienced. But in appreciation, I'm sorry.

Arantor

Firstly, to address the secondary point, the support team have a tracker of 'unsolved' topics, and these are dealt with in oldest-first order... bumping pushes your post down their queue.

Secondly, if it's 'installing' but nothing's changing, then it isn't installing properly. This usually means permissions and file ownership is not sufficient to allow the package manager to modify SMF's files. What are the current permissions of things like the Admin.php file?

Advertisement: